There are few things worse than receiving a DUI, however, if you find yourself in this situation, you can act now by speaking with an experienced Allegheny County DUI lawyer at once. Contact the Law Offices of former prosecutor George Heym to learn more about how our legal team can effectively guide you through every step of the legal process ahead.
Allegheny County DUI Lawyer | Fighting On Your Side
When facing DUI charges, it is critical that you do not hire just any attorney; you need an experienced Allegheny County DUI lawyer who has helped countless people in your position. Our firm is significantly experienced in all matters DUI, and we are prepared to put that experience to work for you. From the moment you walk through our doors, you will know that you have a compassionate and aggressive legal advocate on your side. Our firm is adept at taking clients through the DUI court process and challenging DUI evidence. We’ve also made our comprehensive Pittsburgh DUI Guide available to the public.
Blood Alcohol Content & DUIs in Pennsylvania
When someone is stopped because an officer suspects he or she is driving under the influence, the officer will most likely require the individual to take a breathalyzer test. The purpose of a breathalyzer test is to determine the individual’s blood alcohol content. In Pennsylvania, if you are caught by police with a blood alcohol content of .08% or higher, you will receive a DUI.
That being said, there are various exceptions to this rule. For example, if you are charged with a high BAC DUI (meaning you had a BAC of .10%-.159%), you will face even harsher consequences than you would for a general impairment DUI. You will also face even harsher charges than that if you are charged with a highest BAC DUI (by having a BAC of .16% or higher).
Additionally, commercial vehicle drivers and those under the age of 21 can also receive DUIs if they are arrested with a BAC of just .02%. As you can see, the circumstances of your arrest can drastically impact the consequences you may face, which is why you need a competent Allegheny County DUI lawyer in your corner.
Our Legal Services
The Law Offices of George Heym handle a wide array of DUI-related cases, including the following:
- First DUI: Whether this is your first or third DUI, you can expect to face very serious penalties. Our firm is here to protect you from those penalties, at all costs.
- Second DUI: When someone is accused of a second DUI, they are looking at far more serious penalties that may significantly hinder their freedom and position in life.
- Third DUI: Third DUI offender cases are incredibly severe, and often, Pennsylvania courts will do everything in their power to harshly punish all those accused of being repeat offenders. Our Allegheny County DUI lawyer is prepared to fight your charges, every step of the way.
- Fourth or more DUIs: A fourth DUI can affect your life significantly for years down the road, especially with Deanna’s Law now in place. You mustn’t face such a charge on your own. Our firm is here to help.
- High BAC DUI: High BAC DUI is the second tier of DUI charges in Pennsylvania. This means you were caught with a blood alcohol content between .10-.159%. For this charge, you will face more severer consequences than you would for a general impairment DUI.
- Highest BAC DUI: This is the highest-tier DUI one can face, as it means he or she was charged with a DUI with a BAC of .16% or higher. Our firm is here to shield you from the life-altering consequences that a highest BAC DUI often entails.
- Drug DUI: You may also receive a DUI if you are caught driving while under the influence of drugs. These DUIs can be every bit as damaging as DUIs involving alcohol, which is why you need an attorney on your side.
- CDL DUI: Commercial vehicle drivers are held to a higher standard than other motorists when it comes to DUIs, as they only need a BAC of .02% to receive a DUI. Our firm is prepared to protect your way of life and your future.
- Under 21 DUI: Underage persons are subjected to significant scrutiny under the law when it comes to driving while intoxicated. We know that everyone, especially those in their younger years, is prone to mistakes, which is why we are here to help.
Our knowledgeable Allegheny County DUI lawyer can teach you more about challenging DUI evidence, the DUI court process, and more. That being said, to learn more about DUIs in the state of Pennsylvania, feel free to read out Pittsburgh DUI Guide.
What to Expect at Your Initial Consultation
Allegheny County DUI lawyer George Heym offers a free consultation for all criminal cases he handles. If you’re like most people, you’re curious about what will happen during your initial consultation. Typically, the purpose of initial consultations is to review your case and address the following:
- What mandatory DUI penalties you might be facing for your DUI charges – including mandatory jail sentences and driver’s license suspensions
- What programs might be available in your case to avoid jail time and license suspension
- What defenses might be available in your DUI case
- What will happen during every step of the criminal justice process including what you will receive in the mail from the Magistrate in your summons package
Contact an Allegheny County DUI Lawyer
No one should have to face the potential ramifications of a DUI on their own. Our firm proudly serves clients throughout Pennsylvania, including in Allegheny County, Clairton, Duquesne, McKeesport, Penn Hills, Mount Lebanon, Bethel Park, Ross, Shaler, Monroeville, and Plum. Contact the Law Offices of former prosecutor George Heym today to schedule your initial consultation with our competent legal team. We are on your side.